Breaking! Malaysian Blogger Jailed for Insulting Islam
His wife, Lee Abdulah, said the founder of the controversial Malaysia Today website had been sent to the Kamunting detention centre in northern Perak state under a detention order signed by the Home Minister.
Abdulah said police had told her “he will remain there for two years with no trial“.
A magnificent perspective, isn’t it?
- Exposing the Horror of Russia’s Crackdown on the Blogosphere.
- China wants UN to help Trace Sources On Internet.
- Erraji released.
- Moroccan blogger Mohammed Erraji condemned to 2 years in prison and a fine for critizising Moroccan king’s policies.
- Harry’s Place round 2: The White Supremacists.
- More censorship on the blogosphere from Syria.
- Raging against rising Internet repression.
- EU imitating the Great Chinese Wall for internet?
- US blogger charged with insulting Syngapore judge.
- Italy: a blogger is condemned because he didn’t post regularly.
- Canada: Internet providers will begin charging per-site fees.