Afghan ambassador kidnapped in north-west Pakistan
Gunmen on Monday kidnapped the Afghan Ambassador to Pakistan, Abdul Khaleq Farahi, in the volatile north west of the country.
A spokesman for the Afghan Consulate said the ambassador had been abducted by unidentified armed men in Peshawar, the capital of the North-West Frontier Province.
Pakistan’s Geo News reported that the kidnappers fired at a consular vehicle before abducting the Afghan envoy near the consulate in the Hayatabad area of Peshawar.
Police sources said the driver of the vehicle was killed during the abduction, but there was no more information about the attack.
No-one has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping.
This is curious, isn’t it? Just now, he is kidnapped… We will see how this evolves…
- Pakistan gets a message against closer co-operation with US.
- Pakistan: US did not warn of any strike.
- WHO cancels polio jabs for Afghan children after doctors killed.
- Pakistan’s tribal areas: A wild frontier.
- Pakistan strikes back and accuses US of cooperating with terrorism.
- Pakistan restores three judges ousted by Musharraf.
- india accuses Pakistani intelligence of terrorist attack.
- Afghanistan accuses Pakistani intelligence of the terrorist attack against the Indian embassy.