Man who tried to murder sister sentenced to 14 years in jail
The Nazareth District Court sentenced Khaled Muslemi, 24, to 14 years in prison for the attempted murder of his sister.
According to the indictment, Muslemi, a resident of the Arab Village Of Naura in the Jezreel Valley, decided to execute an “honor killing” in March, after hearing rumors that his sister was behaving promiscuously.
He convinced her to accompany him to a field near their village, where he pulled out a gun and shot her in the head, the shoulder and the leg from a distance of three feet. He then called the Gilboa Region Magen David Adom station and confessed to the murder.
The woman, gravely injured but still alive, pretended to be dead, thus averting further shots. Her resourcefulness saved her life.
The prosecution asked the court to sentence Muslemi to 15 years in prison, but the defense asked to court for a lighter, 11-year sentence, citing extreme emotional duress.
“The despicable, repetitive phenomenon of murder and the attempted murder of innocent women under the pretence of ‘honor killings’ must be condemned in the harshest manner possible,” noted the court.
- Homosexual cleansing rampant in Iraq.
- Last news on honor killings.
- A book to read: “Honor killings. Stories of men who killed”.
- Pakistan: couple falls victim of honor killing.
- Palestinian father buries daughter alive.
- Three suspects of honor killings arrested.
- Pakistan “Honor” Killings: Three Teenage Girls Buried Alive for Choosing Their Own Husbands...
- Georgia “Honor Killer”: Father Held Without Bond.
- Alleged man “honor killing”: he was a Christian going out with a Muslim woman.
- Lawyers: Daughter’s murder not “honor killing”.
- Sexy singer Suzam Tamim: killed out of honor?
- Turkey: a gay honor killing?
- Another “honor killing” in USA: brother knives sister.
- The inaction of feminists regarding “honor killings”.
- Turkey: survey reveals honor killings perpetrators are not rejected by society.
- Honor Killing in Pakistan.
- Irsad Manji speaks about Honor Killings.
- Honor Killing in Pakistan: the woman was suspected of “having bad character”.
- Georgia’s honor killer: “I have done nothing wrong”.
- “The family was very stressed”.
- Honor Killing in Georgia.
- Two brothers charged with honor killings.