President Evo Morales congratulates second Bolivia region for expelling US aid programs
President Evo Morales says a second Bolivian region has asked the United States to withdraw its aid programs as diplomatic relations between the two countries continue to sour.
Morales on Saturday congratulated local indigenous groups in the southern Bolivia province of Chuquisaca for becoming “territory free of … American imperialism” after deciding this week to expel the U.S. Agency for International Development, or USAID.
He did not offer futher details.
So he will receive more Venezuelan aid… it’s just changing a country that is far for other which is nearer, a neighbour in fact. If he really wants to “free” Bolivia, this is one of the most stupid moves I have seen…
- Morales has spoken for a quick dialogue, critisizing Catholic Church’s partiality.
- Pando’s prefect under arrest.
- Morales struggles to control Bolivia amid violence.
- Bolivian constitutional tribunal stops referendum for revoking mandates to regional governors.
- Bolivia: oil companies demand compensations.