UK Court Recognizes Threat to Christian Converts
A U.K. immigration court of appeals has for the first time recognized the life threatening circumstances of Muslim converts to Christianity by granting asylum to a Syrian evangelical Christian couple.
In an unprecedented victory, the European Center for Law and Justice (ECLJ) helped a young couple (whose identity is being withheld for security reasons) gain refugee status in the United Kingdom on Monday. The court recognized that the couple would face real physical threats, including death, if they return to Syria, the country of origin of the husband. The appeal was granted on both asylum and human rights grounds.
This is a significant and groundbreaking decision that clearly puts the focus on the fact that many converts to Christianity from Islam face real danger including the ultimate penalty of death, said Jay Sekulow, chief counsel of both the ECLJ and its U.S.-based affiliate the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), in a statement.
Good news indeed!!
- Muslims continue pushing Christians out of Bethlehem.
- Nuns of Charity assaulted in India by Hindu extremists.
- Somali Christians struggle in Kenya.
- Attacks on Christians in India exemplify Islamophobia, says Vatican official.
- More examples of Sharia Law in Britain.
- More violence in Christians.
- Pakistan: kidnapped, forcibly converted to Islam and married.
- Persecution of Christians in Muslim countries: some examples.
- More violence against Copts in Egypt.
- Iran: whatever is non-Islamic must dissappear.
- “We Must Recover Our Christian Nerve Before Our Judeo-Christian Heritage is Lost”.