Iran appoints successor to Mughniyeh
According to the report in the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, Hizbullahs new chief military commander is Muhammad Riza Zahdi, aka Hassan Mahdawi, who in the late 1980s served in the Iranian Embassy in Beirut.
According to the report, Zahdi will be in charge of coordinating weapons smuggling to Hizbullah from Syria as well as the construction of military positions in southern Lebanon. The paper said that the appointment was part of an Iranian plan to restructure Hizbullah in the wake of the Second Lebanon War.
Wow… Couldn’t this be considered as intervention in a foreign independent state?? How about UNIFIL in Lebanon doing something useful or just ending its mission there? Because they are doing effectively nothing….
- Israeli Rocket Attacks to be Legalised.
- Hezbullah accuses Israel over airspace violations.
- Iranian leader Ali Khamenei: Hizbullah will not be disarmed.
- An Iranian shipment for Hizbullah explodes.
- Breeding Evil: Hizbullah children.
- UN soldiers salute Hizbullah terrorists.
- Kantar in Lebanon.
- Israel-Hizbullah: the foolish swap.